5 Fast Facts for Wisconsin’s Paychecks
January 13, 2021
Capitol City Rampage
On Jan. 6th a protest in Washington D.C. turned into rioting, vandalism, and death. Here’s a quick breakdown of the tragic events as they unfolded and what it looks like now that the smoke has cleared...
- A protest turned violent as some of the protestors stormed the Capitol building - Countless protesters became violent after Vice President Pence refused to object to the certification of electoral ballots from key swing states. Sadly, at least 4 people were killed in the mayhem.
- Several GOP leaders quickly denounced the violence - Despite that, Republican voters are divided in their support for the protest and siege on the capitol. About 45% of registered GOP voters said they “actively supported” the actions of the demonstrators, with another 43% opposing.
- Congressional Democrats are calling for Trump’s removal - They want Trump gone, YESTERDAY. The plan is to try impeachment again and the House plans to hold the impeachment vote today. And then the Senate likely won’t hold it’s vote until after the 20th, when Trump is already out. For many, the goal is to make sure Trump can’t run for office again in 2024 - which takes a simple majority vote in the Senate if the 2/3rds impeachment vote passes.
- Social media companies responded to the riots by banning Trump - The big ban happened shortly after Trump conceded the election. The explanation? They feared Trump might stoke more actions that could turn violent. Top companies also decided to halt financial contributions to ALL political parties until things cool down.
- Good or bad for paychecks? - The impeachment vote is more ceremonial than anything else, but could potentially keep taxpayers from supporting Trump’s post-presidential perks. However, the summer riots cost American Paychecks big bucks, and extended curfews are keeping businesses closed, again! Not to mention Twitter stock prices DROPPED right after banning Trump. The good news is it looks like things might settle down and more pandemic relief could be just around the corner for Paychecks ready to continue bouncing back!
If you want to learn more about the post-riot censorship or are interested in seeing the latest news sorted by potential bias, then be sure to check out freespoke.com. It has links to information about big tech's big purge and it’s a great way to take control of your newsfeed.