How is the economy doing as we enter fall? #WeBounceBack
August 26, 2020
- It's starting to open up! The US economy is growing! More people are working and new job openings continue to percolate like grandma's old coffee pot.
- We’re 78% of the way there: Retail stores are seeing more in-person customers, manufacturing is on a roll, and even unemployment rates are dropping! Experts say that the whole country is at about 78% of what it was pre-pandemic.
- Nine million jobs were added during the months of May, June and July, after we lost more than 20 million jobs across the U.S. in March and April.
- Naysayers are pointing out that the economy might actually be slowing down since we’re seeing a reduction in retail and small business workers. And new jobless claims show that the market is improving more slowly than it did in the spring.
- How do We Bounce Back? First, help a neighbor to keep them sane and able to work and shop when the time comes, and Second - prepare ahead of time to vote for the U.S. Presidential candidate who will do the best to drive a bounce back! At the end of the day - we’re Americans, #WeBounceBack from anything that knocks us down.