Trump’s executive order on Immigration (H1-B visas) and what it means for jobs and paychecks 💵
August 12, 2020
Trump campaigned on making immigration great again for American workers. Last week he signed an executive order making it harder for federal agencies to replace American workers with foreigners. Basically, American’s get first dibs on govt jobs...
- Just how many People come in Every Year? There’s about 400,000 H-1B visas given out each year. Most of those visas go to high-skilled and highly motivated Indian tech workers who don’t have many job prospects back home in India. About 2,000 of those visas were given so that foreigners could work government contracts last year.
- Some Employers have been VERY critical of Trump’s immigraiton policy. They say that reducing our immigrant population will hurt “job creation” and slow down recovery. How did Mr. President respond?
- “You’re Fired!” Trump doubled-down on his immigration stance by firing the CEO of a Federally owned energy company in Tennessee last week once he learned that the company had cut 20% of its employees and was going to outsource 200+ tech jobs to foreigners by using the H1-B Visas. Yikes 😬
- Big Tech is super thirsty for foreign workers. They practically live off of foreign workers! But Trump thinks those jobs should and could go to American’s instead. So, he’s got immigration changes in the pipeline which will make sure only the very best and most essential people come into the country.
- American Paychecks want the job. Tech jobs are down 36% from this time last year, meaning we just don’t have as much need for high skilled immigrants in that field.