Northern Michigan and the UP: REopen for Business
May 22, 2020
1. It’s a Memorial Day miracle: Gov. Whitmer announced regions six and eight can have a ‘partial’ reopening tomorrow (Friday).
2. Regions … six and eight … ? You mean DIDN’T memorize the map of Michigan’s eight different Economic Recovery Council Reporting Regions?! In real people speak: Counties across Northern Michigan (and the UP) have been named to be in these two regions.
3. While restaurants and bars will be able to reopen (YES!), both staff and patrons will have some rules to follow — like no waiting areas, and mask-wearing required at different points of the visit.
4. Retail stores can also open up, but with another whole set of guidelines (you can see Gov. Whitmer’s executive order here).
5. And before you get too excited: Your color appointment will have to wait. Our gov says salons will not open this week or even next week.
Is the best solution a safe v unsafe discussion about getting back to work WHILE keeping people as safe as reasonably possible? Send us your safe at work examples on our Facebook page and we’ll highlight them on paychecktalk.com.