5 Fast Facts: US and China Sign Phase One of New Trade Deal
January 9, 2020
It’s time for phase two of the US/China trade deal.
- Jan. 15 will be a win for farmers! Chinese officials will sign phase one of the trade deal, and China will begin buying more of our piggies, cheeses, and ginseng.
- And a win for Walmart and Target shoppers (among other stores). The tariffs are being reduced on about $120 billion of Chinese imports.
- China agreed to buy $200 billion more US goods over the next two years – that means more $$ in the pockets of WI small businesses
- After signing phase one, Trump will travel to Beijing to begin negotiating phase two
- The next wise decision would be to get China to stop stealing intellectual property from US companies