5 Fast Facts: The Laziest Black Friday Ever?
December 4, 2019
Most people did their after-Thanksgiving Black Friday shopping without even re-buttoning their pants. ‘Merica.
And this year, our shopping was bigger and more convenient than ever. Here are the stats:
- Immobile mobile shopping: 61% of all online retail sales came from a smartphone. We weren’t even getting up off the couch to do our shopping this year…
- We were Bigger Spenders: the average online purchase was $168, up 5.9% from last year. On average, Americans have more money, so they’re spending more money.
- The Turkey wasn’t even cold yet: Sales on Thanksgiving Day were up 14.5% from last year. And grandma would have been tsk tsking us for being on our phones, except that she was working those Amazon megadeals too.
- The hottest: this year’s top-selling toys were all things Frozen II, L.O.L. Surprise Dolls and Nerf.
- Brick and Mortar?… sales at those stores that require you to wear pants was down 6.2% this year as people shopped more online than ever before.
Did you do your shopping online?